Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New folder compares do not always shop up in history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New folder compares do not always shop up in history.

When dragging a new set of folders over an existing folder compare, often either of them are not remembered in the history.

--jeroen

Hello,

Which History would you see this happening with? Is it the MRU dropdown in each Folder path of the Folder Compare session? I haven't seen this behavior on my own test system. Which OS, version, and 32bit vs 64bit would you be running?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Windows 7 x64.

The history is on the home screen (the 'today` sessions).

I need to figure out good steps to reproduce as some of the times it works.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. The expected results should be that an auto-saved session of two new base folders would be created. If the auto-saved sessions list contains a session that already points to those two folders, that session would be updated with any minor changes (filters) and then pop back up to the top of the list of auto-saved sessions.

How did you launch the 'existing' session? Is it a fresh launch, a loaded auto-saved session, the explorer context menu, etc? You can then dragging and dropping folders from Explorer onto the left and right pane, correct?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Currently, I drag two folders over the home screen or over an existing folder compare as the Windows Explorer integration of BC4 doesn't work.

Comment

Dragging folders over the main interface should load, and if loaded will save as an auto-saved session. How are you closing the session after you've dragged and opened it? If you drag, look at your folders, then click the Home button do you see the auto-saved session created?

The Windows Explorer integration should also work. It just isn't appearing for you, even after a reboot? Does BC3's? You can only have one or the other active (after a reboot, we should use the last installed one).
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Back from holiday. Will try to reproduce this.

Comment

Working...
              X