container does not support requested file operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• container does not support requested file operation

I am using Beyond Compare on a Win 10 machine and trying to copy NAS to NAS folders and files. I am getting this error:

Unable to create \\XXX/YYY: Container does not support requested file operation.

I have looked at the folder administrator rights on each NAS. Both NAS machines are Asustor 6-Bay NAS, Intel Atom 2.13 GHz (Dual-Core):AS-606T

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the report. If you attempt a single file copy, does this occur every time when using BC3? Are you using BC3.3.13 (latest 3.x), assuming you posted in the BC3 forum? Or are you using BC4.2.10 (latest)?

If you attempt the same copy on the same single failed sample file using BC3 or Windows Explorer, does Explorer show any additional prompts or errors? If you attempt the copy using the Windows Command Line (copy), does this show any additional info on the command line?

What is the path syntax you are using to access the NAS devices and have loaded in Beyond Compare? Are they loaded and showing the full file listing of both target drives?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry I posted to wrong forum. I am using BC 4.2.10 build 23938.

I am using Windows version and yes both directories show.I tried doing a single PDF copy NAS to NAS and got the same error.

Comment

9/3/2019 11:56:58 AM Unable to create \\XXX/YYY: Container does not support requested file operation

Comment

Hello,

And if you attempt the same copy using Windows Explorer, are there any additional prompts or errors?
          If you use the Command line with the "copy c:\source.txt \\server\folder\file.txt" does this work or show any messages?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Botics and I discussed this issue by email, SFTP appears to be a workaround for connecting to the Asustor NAS devices.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Chris... Huge Help!

Comment

Working...
              X