Configure ClearCase to compare files with BC4 on RHEL LINUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure ClearCase to compare files with BC4 on RHEL LINUX

Hi, I cannot find any instruction to configure IBM ClearCase to compare files with BC4 on RHEL LINUX. I only want to configure for my own account, without effect other users. Is it possible?

I know you can do it with GIT, but not sure about IBM ClearCase

I'm not familiar with a way to limit the configuration to only a specific Windows User account if multiple accounts share that machine. Our Clearcase instructions are available here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs#cc
    They involved editing a specific file in the install directory, which I assume each user shares.

We do not have a Clearcase install to test against, so much of our configuration is based on user feedback. It may also be good to contact Clearcase support and ask them how to define an external diff or mergetool for their software. BC4's support is fairly generic, and can plug into most any tool that supports a command line configuration.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I need to configure on RHEL LINUX (not Windows)

Comment

Hello,

We'll need Clearcase support's help with a bit of info for how to define any external tool. With that documentation, we can help define how to plug BC4 into that solution.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X