ClearCase integration, mixed slashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClearCase integration, mixed slashes

I'm having an issue using bcomp.exe for ClearCase diffs. It looks like an issue with mixed slashes in the paths produced by ClearCase.

I am using a dynamic view with the view shortcut mapped to a drive letter. Looking at the command args being passed to BC (Process Explorer) the vob name has a forward slash while the rest of the path has backslashes.

E.g.
    xcompare
    /my_vob\some\file.txt@@\main\foo8.5\1
    /my_vob\some\file.txt
    /BCompWnd=$00050690

If I change those 2 forward slashes to backslashes I can run this from the command line. Is there any way to work around this? Maybe wrap bcomp.exe with something to fix the slashes?

Should add: I'm running Beyond Compare Pro (Version 3.2.4 build 13298).

Comment

If I remove the drive letter shortcut things work fine. In that case the paths are passed as absolute paths and the forward slash in the middle does not cause a problem, e.g.

j:\my_view/my_vob\some\file.txt

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in and also posting a potential solution.

The issue you are running into is that / is the slash used to pass parameters for Windows applications, such as /ro or /quickcompare (documented in the Help file -> Command Line Reference.)

You'll need to use the full path starting with the drive letter, or the Windows path "\" to declare the paths on the command line.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X