• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jorsh
    New User
    • Feb 2011

Eclipse StarTeam Plugin

Hi all,

I am evaluating BC and am having some trouble. Is there is a way to use BC3 with the StarTeam plugin for Eclipse?

I have installed Beyond CVS and that adds BC support to Eclipse, but I haven't seen a way to configure that to talk to ST. I also have BC set as both the diff and merge tool in the ST options. Any compare or merge in Eclipse still uses the standard Eclipse tool.

Is there any way to get the Eclipse ST plugin to use BC for compare/merge, or is this something that would have to be implemented by the ST plugin developers?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Is BC3 currently configured as the StarTeam diff and merge utility? It is possible the Eclipse plug-in uses those settings to determine the diff tool to use:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jorsh
      New User
      • Feb 2011

Unfortunately I do already have that set up. It works fine from the StarTeam standalone client, just not from the Eclipse plugin.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The StarTeam plug-in probably needs to allow you specify an external diff and merge tool. I think this is how it works for the Subversion plug-in for Eclipse, so I imagine it will be similar for other version control systems.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...