Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visual SourceSafe & Visual Studio 2008 ("Internet" plug-in)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual SourceSafe & Visual Studio 2008 ("Internet" plug-in)

Per the directions in the FAQ and reading the help file, I have set the following two Custom Editors in Visual SourceSafe 2005 (Update 1)

File Difference: .*
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" "%1" "%2"

File Merge: .*
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" "%1" "%2" /savetarget="%4"

Within Visual SourceSafe Explorer, I can confirm that the "File Difference" is in fact working perfectly with BeyondCompare. However, within VisualStudio 2008 Professional, the "Compare..." option simply brings up the VSS built-in difference viewer. I'm noticing this from my home office workstation (Win 7 64-bit), but I don't experience this from my office computer (also Win 7 64-bit). The only difference between the two is that my office workstation is using the "Microsoft Visual SourceSafe" source control plug-in in Visual Studio, while my home office workstation is using the "Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (Internet)" source control plug-in -- due to my VPN usage.

Is this a known limitation of the "Internet" source control plug-in for Visual Studio 2008, or is this an issue (somehow?) with BeyondCompare ?
Working...
X