Error Box from Windows Script Host!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Box from Windows Script Host!

Got the following error box from Windows Script Host when opening a plain cpp file

Script: C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\Helpers\XLS_to_CVS_Single.vbs
    Line: 23
    Char: 1
    Error: File not found
    Code: 800A0035
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Context:
    Version control used for the file is ClearCase
    Scanner was running in the background so may been coursed by that
    I know this is not much information but I guess it should be possible to create a more meaning full error message to get more information next time this happens

br Jens

Hi Jens!

opening a plain cpp file
    That is a C++ source-code file, I guess?

XLS_to_CVS_Single.vbs
    and this is an external conversion script for MS Excel Workbooks.

That does not fit together!

Why are you opening a c++ file like an Excel file? So it is understandable that an error is thrown.

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Christoph is correct. It appears your current command line call is opening your file with our MS Excel rule. From your description, it looks like you are opening a .cpp file, which should be opening with our C++ rule.

In BC3, go to Tools -> File Formats
      Here is a list of our file formats. The topmost format that matches on the extension is the one used automatically. If file formats have red text, it means there is another rule higher on the list that will be the one used automatically instead. If your C++ rule is red, please check your Excel rule, and make sure it is defined to only be used for Excel files (.xls, .xlsx), or set it back to defaults. I would guess your current Excel rule near the top of the list is defined to be used for all files. (just '*' or '*.*')

If you are still having trouble, let us know. You can send us your support package (Help menu -> Support; Export) to support@scootersoftware.com
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X