Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider

Has the Scooter team made any progress in supporting this version control interface? Or do I need to register a copy of Dubbelbock TFS?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

It should work in the file viewer already. I'll try to finish up the directory viewer's menu for the next release.
    Zo P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry, I lied. I forgot that BC has trouble with TFS and I thought you were asking about MSSCCI support in general. We don't have TFS available here; I'm going to download the trial over the weekend and I'll see if I can get it running next week.
      Zo P Scooter Software

Comment

Good Luck

Originally posted by Craig View Post
        I'm going to download the trial over the weekend and I'll see if I can get it running next week.
        You're in for a rough week then. TFS can be a real bear to install.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Microsoft knows that. They have a VirtualPC image that has the trial and it's dependencies installed and configured. Of course I've never used TFS before, so it may be a rough bit of effort anyway.
          Zo P Scooter Software

Comment

I installed TFS from scratch and am the TFS administrator on my team...
            Let me know if you need some assistance.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

One solution if one wants to use the basics such as history/get etc. is to configure Open With to integrate with TF.exe (assumes the files are mapped in a workspace).
              E.g. Open With -> TFS History
              TF.EXE HISTORY "%f"

Comment

Well, looks like short-term you'll need to invest in Dubbelbock TFS.

I've tracked down the problem, and TFS's SCC implementation fails if we initialize COM using the multithreaded threading model. I don't think switching to the apartment threading model will work for Cirrus, so changing the behavior would require some extensive changes to the way we access the SCC functions. I'm waiting to hear back from the TFS guys about it; if they can't fix it in their DLL we're not going to support TFS until after v3 is released.
                Zo P Scooter Software

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks for looking into it.
                  BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

I guess I spoke too soon. Someone from the TFS team responded and I have a workaround, so the next release should work correctly. It does involve some changes to our SCC support though, so the fix probably won't be back-ported to BC2.
                    Zo P Scooter Software

Comment

Any further news on this? As it is I can't use Cirrus with TFS which is 90% of current use.

Simon

Comment

In case it isn't clear from the topic, Cirrus can be used as the diff/merge interface from TFS, it just won't show the checked-in/controlled/etc status and it can't call TFS's check-in/check-out commands.

Unfortunately, due to the way we're accessing we've implemented things the workaround the TFS team gave me will not work with Cirrus, and we won't be able to make it work without significantly reworking our SCC support. Since this currently only affects one version control system we can't justify the time to do this before v3 is released. If you really want check-in/check-out support from Cirrus you'll need to use the product Michael mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
                        Zo P Scooter Software

Comment

Ah, I just assumed that since Cirrus was not working for me in TFS for differnces and merges that this topic was pertinent.

I'll start another topic pertaining to my issue.

Comment

Under Visual Studio choose:

Tools \ Options \ Source Control \ Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
                            Click the "Configure User Tools..." button

For the Compare operation, specify:
                            • Extension: .*
                            • Command: C:\Program Files\Cirrus\Cirrus.exe
                            • Arguments: %1 %2 /title1=%6 /title2=%7 /solo

For the Merge operation, specify:
                            • Extension: .*
                            • Command: C:\Program Files\Cirrus\Cirrus.exe
                            • Arguments: %1 %2 %3 %4 /title1=%6 /title2=%7 /title3=%8 /title4=%9 /solo
                            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Thanks Michael. I was using the BC arguments and sometimes Cirrus threw an error. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X