Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare header and footer of docx

Hi,

I am not able to compare header and footer of docx file.
    I am using below command line:
    BComp /qc 1.docx 2.docx

Regards
    Pankaj

The default settings in Beyond Compare do not compare header and footer text in .doc and .docx files.

If you install the Microsoft Word documents extended file format from our file formats page, it will allow comparison of header and footer text. Once you download the file format, double click on it to import into Beyond Compare.

The default setttings use a built-in library to extract text from MS Word documents for comparison. The add-on file format uses a VBScript to open the files in MS Word, then save them as plain text temp files before opening them for comparison. It supports some MS Word features the built-in library doesn't handle.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      The default settings in Beyond Compare do not compare header and footer text in .doc and .docx files.

If you install the Microsoft Word documents extended file format from our file formats page, it will allow comparison of header and footer text. Once you download the file format, double click on it to import into Beyond Compare.

The default setttings use a built-in library to extract text from MS Word documents for comparison. The add-on file format uses a VBScript to open the files in MS Word, then save them as plain text temp files before opening them for comparison. It supports some MS Word features the built-in library doesn't handle.
      HI Chris,
      I have downloaded above formats file. But still not able to compare header and footer of the docx file .
      I am useing below command line for same.
      >BComp /qc c:\1\1.docx c:\1\2.docx

Comment

Hello,

If you open the files in the graphical interface, does it automatically use the Extended format by default, and show the Header and Footer text? We would need to set up the defaults in the interface first, in order for /qc to use these defaults.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Hello,

If you open the files in the graphical interface, does it automatically use the Extended format by default, and show the Header and Footer text? We would need to set up the defaults in the interface first, in order for /qc to use these defaults.
          Could you please tel me how to set defaults in the interfase, in order for /qc to use these defaults.

Comment

Normally, once the format is installed, it would be the default. You can double check in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog, and see if the 'MS Word Extended' format is higher in this priority list than the regular 'MS Word' format. Whichever format is the topmost, associated with your files (*.doc/x), is the one used by default.

When you double click a pair of files and view them in the graphical interface, is the Extended format used by default and shown in the top status bar of each pane?

If you are still having trouble, please email us a full screen screenshot of the Text Compare when you load your two MS Word files. When emailed at support@scootersoftware.com, please also include a link to this forum thread for our reference, and your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X