• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • embronne
    New User
    • Jul 2012

Session rules comparison regex

Hi,

I'm trying to tell Beyond Compare that all XML elements that have a name ending with "index" are unimportant. When I use the regex <.*index>\d+<.*index> it works, but it should be something like <(.*index)>\d+</\1>, only that one doesn't match anything. What's wrong? (I played around a bit and the \1 doesn't seem to work, even a simple (\d)\1 doesn't match anything.)

Thanks a lot, regards,

Miel.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. Our grammar regular expression handling does not currently support back references, but expanding this functionality is on our wishlist. In the meantime, you would need to use your first regex to match on <index>.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• griels
      New User
      • Aug 2012

Hey, I feel guilty enough for having used BC on the evaluation license for longer than I care to admit, but adding backreferences to Session Rules would guarantee an immediate Pro purchase from me.

Is there somewhere I can vote for this or do I need to pay up? Because I would gladly do so

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

It is not likely we would be able to implement this soon, but I've added it to our Customer Wishlist. I'll add your notes to the entry as well.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...