• Show
Clear All
  • somusiva07
    New User
    • Jun 2012

Getting error while merging with Beyond compare 3

I have set the below values on my Accurev Diff/Merge section

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" %1% %2% /lefttitle="%3%" /righttitle="%4%"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" %1% %2% %a% /mergeoutput=%o% /lefttitle="%4%" /righttitle="%5%" /centertitle="%3%"
    while merging i m getting this below mentioned error. please help.
    Program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" %1% %2% %a% /mergeoutput=%o% /lefttitle="%4%" /righttitle="%5%" cannot be found or returned an error.
    Please check that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" %1% %2% %a% /mergeoutput=%o% /lefttitle="%4%" /righttitle="%5%" is properly installed and configured.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for posting. I've got a few questions to help narrow down what might be going on:

First, you will want to configure the command line to use BComp.exe instead of BCompare.exe.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...kb_vcs#accurev

Does the Diff command work and call BC3 from AccuRev? If not, please try calling "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" from the Windows Command prompt; does this work?

Do you have Beyond Compare 3 Pro? You can verify if you have Std or Pro in the Help menu -> About dialog of BC3. Pro is required for the Text Merge session type. You can trial Pro if you have Std, here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ron
      Fanatic
      • Dec 2007

I'm seeing the same thing when using Merge. Diff works fine.

To avoid the message, just don't say No when BC asks if you want to save the merged output. If you want to cancel the merge, AccuRev gives that opportunity after you tell BC Yes.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

I was finally able to setup a trial of AccuRev 5.7 with BC 3.3.5 and did not encounter this error when merging with BComp.exe. Has AccuRev since released an update that helped resolve this issue? I followed the same setup steps as listed on our website (link above) for Windows.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ron
          Fanatic
          • Dec 2007

Turns out it wasn't an issue after all for me. I was not doing any merges yet, only executing merge to get a look at the output. Once you close the output, if you don't do a save of the merge, AccuRev will report some sort of error message. It can be ignored - no harm done.

After getting the chance to actually do some merges and save the results, it works perfectly - returns cleanly to AccuRev which then prompts me if I want to 'keep' my merged output.

Comment

Working...