Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to copy a file's "title"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to copy a file's "title"?

When diffing files in source control, the file name is often a temporary file and not always very useful. Sometimes, I want to copy the string that's displayed before I click on it.

For example, the left pane may be called "src\main\app.cpp", but when I click on that text box, it becomes "c:\users\Michael Kujawa\AppData\Local\Temp\wQjYBHsS.cpp"

I would like to be able to copy "src\main\app.cpp" to the clipboard somehow.

As an example use case:
    When I spawn a diff from git, I will get a compare tab with just one file for any files that were added. If I want to "take that change", as it were, I need to enter the file name when saving, and it would be nice to c&p from the left
    Last edited by Michael Kujawa; 17-Jul-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the /title (command line argument used to display a title over the real file name) is only for display and not copyable.

I note that you posted this into the BC3 forum, but if you are using BC4 for this scenario, would it help to call git as a dir-diff? This folder view might work better if reviewing multiple diff files at once and you need to copy entire/orphan files.
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...vcs#gitwindows
      If you want to trial this feature, you can install BC4's trial without removing your BC3 install.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X