Left-Right View - how to permanently configure as Older-Newer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left-Right View - how to permanently configure as Older-Newer

Hello Forum - I'm new. Looked in the help files and the forums but cannot find where to set my vertical viewing panes as Left = older file, Right = newer version when checking diffs in Tortoise SVN. By default it pops up Left = newer, Right = older. I read left to right and it's driving me nuts having to remember to hit the 'Swap' button every time.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

When calling to bcomp.exe, the two parameters are in order of Left and Right panes:
    bcomp.exe "c:\left.txt" "c:\right.txt"

The recommended instructions are here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...cs#tortoisesvn
    as
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

but you can swap %base and %mine variables; just be careful to also swap title1 and title 2 and set /rightreadonly in order to mirror the configuration.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Tried it with the 64 version, no luck. Do I have to install the x86 version for this to work?

Comment

Here are my settings:

C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BCompare.exe %mine %base /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

Comment

All set. Thanks!

Comment

Yup, Looks like you just needed to swap the titles, too (/title1=%yname /title2=%bname), for other users that might find this forum thread. Title1 would be the visible title text for the Left pane, so it would need to use the left title variable provided by the version control system.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X