X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nashev
    replied
    Please note My vote too!
    I need comare text with long lines and prefer to view all line content without horisontal scrolling.

Word wrap is a must-have feature for each text editing tools, yet Notepad have it!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Bulgrien
    replied
    Wrapped Details

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
    a shorter-term solution prior to a full-fledged implementation of word wrap might be to create a "Wrapped Details" pane to swap out with the regular "Text Details" pane that takes just the current pair of lines and displays them (with difference coloring in place) wrapped to match the width of the pane.
    Considering the challenges, I still maintain that wrapping in text details is far better than no wrapping at all.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

We have no new announcements to make about wrapping text at this time. It's still something on our wishlist.

We've been quite busy since 2007, which was before we had released BC3 and the ability to edit text in the main pane. Since then we've added text editor functionality, added Linux and OSX support, 64bit support, and a large variety of additional enhancements. You can review our BC3 and BC4 changelog files if you would like to chart what we've been able to release.

Leave a comment:

• chrisjj
    replied
    Originally posted by msoutopico View Post
    Is wrapping of long lines supported in BeyondCompare 4?
    Not AFAICT.

Leave a comment:

• msoutopico
    replied
    Wrapping in BC4

Hi there,

Question to BeyondCompare developers: In 2007 you said that wrapping was on your wishlist. Has any progress been made now that we're in 2015? Is wrapping of long lines supported in BeyondCompare 4?

Thank you.
    Manuel

Leave a comment:

• dlantrip
    replied
    Thanks for responding Aaron, and pointing out the post started a year ago, and not in 2007. I didn't notice the date in the post was the join date instead of the post date. I noticed the character per line limit, but others in this post indicated that's not a true fix because it can affect the difference algorithm used. I realize that the differences are shown if I'm willing to scroll across horizontally, but for very long paragraphs that can get old quickly.

Besides, it was discovered that CompareIt has this feature already built in, and although in so many ways it is inferior to BC, that's what the company solution will embrace given that BC doesn't provide an equivalent. Hopefully you'll get this feature off the wish list and incorporated before too long, because I'm a big fan of the program.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    This post was started a bit over a year ago, but Word Wrapping has been on our Wishlist much longer than that. It is something we definitely consider, but is a significantly large project and we have limited resources to delegate.

Just to be sure, you are aware of our Character per Line Limit and the wrapping offered in HTML reports, correct? In general, BC3 is capable of comparing most long lines if you need to increase the Character per Line limit, it just requires a lot of horizontal scrolling when within the main Text Compare view. The HTML reports offer some basic wrapped abilities, since the browser itself can help wrap the text.

Leave a comment:

• dlantrip
    replied
    I tried to find a way of doing this today, wrapping long text lines, in BC3. I couldn't find a way of doing this either. I have bragged incessantly to my co-workers about how great this software is, yet this is something that would seem simple to do, and there's no way to do it. The company I'm working at as a subcontractor is looking for a better tool than CompareIt, and this could seal the deal on convincing them to take the plunge and get BC3 for everyone. There's no way to do it in CompareIt, and now I can't say to them that BC3 does this with aplomb! Is there any way to know whether or not this is going to make it into a future release given that this post was started 5 years ago, and it still hasn't been important enough to seriously consider?

Leave a comment:

• eitheta
    replied
    Just another vote for wrapping long lines. BC3 is really sweet for comparing versions of PDFs. Less good for Word docs, because of the long lines.

Leave a comment:

• mrzurkon
    replied
    Count this as another request. Beyond Compare is great and we use it a lot, but this is the one BIG issue that is causing us grief.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• davenovak
    replied
    Just today I was looking for a word wrap option in Text Compare. I too think this would make a nice addition.

Leave a comment:

• brianleejackson
    replied
    Word Wrapping

I 2nd the need for GUI word wrapping... That would be amazing! The text compare report does the job, but not as nice and creates extra work. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion, Michael. This is one of the methods we are considering.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion, HjP. I'll add your scroll wheel suggestion to the Customer Wishlist.

Leave a comment:

• HjP
    replied
    Thanks for your detailed reply regarding my suggestion to enable word wrapping with "characters per line limit".
    Besides this suggestion, I proposed to enable horizontal scrolling by holding down the shift key while using the mouse wheel. This would alleviate the pain to mess around with the scrollbar, in particular when using a mouse with hyperscroll (logitech).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X