Feature request: Highlight instances of a selected word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

It's something we want to tackle, but the current Find wasn't initially built with this behavior in mind, and isn't a small change to implement. Given this is how many modern Find solutions work, it's definitely on our radar when we're redesigning this area of the program.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

+1 for this. Like others, I find I must keep copying text to Notepad++ to get that highlighting. BC is such amazing software in so many respects. Please add this feature to be even better.

Comment

It's usually a combination of current work schedule resources, areas of the application that are currently being worked on, and interacting with existing systems (for compatibility and performance). There's also usually an edge case that makes implementation more difficult than it appears.

It is clear that it would be a useful feature, and as other text editors support a similar workflow it is something we'd like to do. While I'm unsure if we'd implement a double-click-like interface, enhancing the Find functionality is still on our radar to allow highlighting all instances.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X