X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anggi
    Visitor
    • Jul 2008

FTP File reduced to 0 byte [3.1.2 build 10221]

Been using BC3 for quite sometime now, but since I updated to version 3.1.2 build 10221, I've seen some cases FTP file is reduced to 0 byte.

I don't have any idea how to reproduce this, but I'm very sure that I didn't accidentally removed the content of the file. Is this a bug?
    This happened to me about 2-3 times since I updated to 3.1.2 build 10221.
    Maybe someone can take a look?

Thanks.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hi Anggi,

We haven't had any other reports of this, but if it is an issue we'll obviously want to fix it as soon as possible. The only thing I can think of that might have introduced a problem is that 3.1 added support for resuming interrupted transfers. There is code in there designed to catch the case of a transfer error after a resume though. If this is something that you see again can you send a copy of the log from the bottom of BC's window showing the transfer?
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Anggi
      Visitor
      • Jul 2008

Hi Craig,

Yes, I believe you might be right.
      I'm working on FTP server with lots of sub directories & files.
      So to safe loading time, I always stop the listing process once I see files I want in the list.
      I notice sometimes I saw a message right on top of FTP log, which has a stop button (I can't recall what does it say).
      Maybe this indicates there's interrupted transfer?

I attached a trace file, but it might not contain the needed info.
      As I don't auto save log file, and I might have restarted BC3.
      I will keep a close look if this happens again.
      Last edited by Anggi; 08-Jun-2009, 09:59 PM. Reason: Added trace log

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Would you be able to start auto-saving the log, and let us know which file failed when you send the log?

You can also email logs to [email protected] if you do not want to publish them to the forum. Please include a link back to this forum post if you do.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Anggi
          Visitor
          • Jul 2008

Sure, I'm turning on auto saving and will report back once I see this problem again.
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...