test
    test
    test
    test
    test
    test
    test
    test

Show only differences selected and show context not selected.

Then apply the difference from line 2 from left to right.
    Select show context
    Undo (Ctrl-Z)

The change will have been undone, but so has the show context view change (although the tool bar still shows that show context is selected).

This seems to be a reset rather than an undo of the view change as following the same steps, but with show context on before making the change, then still toggeling show context (so no context is displayed) results in no context displayed after the undo.

Within a larger file with other differences (other differences visible), only the affected context is reset to not displaying the context of the differences.
    Last edited by WarrenStanley; 18-Jun-2008, 09:46 PM.
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

To refilter the display, select "View -> Show Differences".

The reason for this is that editing can cause the visible lines not to match the display filter. If we didn't do this, lines could disappear while your editing which we be undesirable.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• WarrenStanley
      Journeyman
      • May 2008

I would have thought that that consideration would only affect the removal/addition of displayed difference sections, not the application of the show context setting to those sections.

Attached is an image of what was confusing when I first saw it in the context of a large file/difference set.

Comment

Working...