X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

The Key controls the alignment, so in the Data Compare you would need to set X, Y, and Z columns each as a Key (so the combination of all 3 becomes the new Key), and set the ID column to Standard or Unimportant.

Leave a comment:

• Realiminator
    replied
    ok, I got it. Thanks a lot. Now I can compare nodes having the same ID.

BUT how do I compare nodes having a similar position (in respect to all three coordinates x , y and z), but not the same ID?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    No, it would work with BC3 (Data Compare session type) or BC4 (Table Compare session type). All minor updates are free, so you can click that blue link in the upper right corner to get the latest minor updates for your current version.

Once loaded in that session, you would see Rows and Columns. Your screenshot appears to still be using the Text Compare session type. You can pick the session type on the Home screen, or from the Session menu. Then load your files into the session.

Leave a comment:

• Realiminator
    replied
    So you are telling that it does not work with beyond compare I have installed on my computer.

You can see a screenshot of the beyond compare I am using.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Realiminator
    replied
    Hi Aaron,
    You are right; I want to align the lines according to the first data point.
    The first column represents the ID of a point / node
    The next three columns represent the coordinates (x,y,z) of the node.
    In my comparison I want to see whether my nodes have a different position.
    How do I use the Data Compare session type?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

The Text Compare looks at the entire line and aligns similar lines. Given your screenshot, it appears you wish the alignment to consider the first data point, which might be a Key?

If so, I would recommend using the Data Compare session type. This session can define and show the files in a table view, with columns and rows. You could then mark the first column as a Key, and it would then be sorted and align the rows.

If you are still having any trouble, could you post or email us example files to test against? If you email us at support@scootersoftware.com, please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.

Leave a comment:

• text comparison does not work with default settings

Hi,

How do i get line 82 on the left compared with line 73 on the right?

I have just started working with beyond compare.

On the screenshot you can see 2 files beeing compared.

unfurtunately the lines are not compare as I want.

Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Files
Working...
X