Feature request : Stacked Diff view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request : Stacked Diff view

For large diffs (especially those with small scattered changes) it's much easier to scan the raw diff output in a text editor than it is to open 10s or 100s of tabs in BC.

The workflow isn't great however, if a change needs closer inspection, I have to find it in p4 and fire up a "real" diff.

What I'd love to see is a way to take the contents of each tab and stack them in a single view. It would be awesome to be able to scan like a diff and still dive in and edit/expand context interactively. I have attached a bad mockup of the layout. It's not quite right of course, I'd imagine all views would in fact share a single scrollbar, but you get the idea.

Stephen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	StackedDiff.png
Views:	1
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	76844

Hello,

Would your diff files be within a specific folder structure? We don't have a stacked view like this, but we do have a Next Diff Files command. This is used in the Folder Compare, after it runs the comparison you double click and view a diff file. After reviewing the differences (Next Diff: Ctrl+N), you will see a prompt to hit Ctrl+M for Next Diff Files, which takes you to the next different files in the parent folder compare.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X