Hi,

I execute beyond compare exe with a script in command line like below

C:\BC\BComp.com /silent /qc @"C:\scriptbc.txt"

My script file scriptbc.txt has below contents

##################################################
    load c:\folder1 c:\folder2

expand all

Select all

file-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches,display-all output-to:C:\results\filecompresults.html output-options:html-color

##################################################

Query

My requirement is i need to generate multiple comparison reports (Html) during comparison of each files in the directory. Currently the comparison results are getting appended to a single file. File size is huge if number of files are more.

Can you tell me what needs to be updated in the script for that.

Regards
    Vinay

Hello,

I just saw your email as well. We do not currently support generating multiple reports for each file pair selected. You would need to select specific subsets of files (using criteria) or first perform a filter command and filter to only specific files, then generate a report on that filter, then repeat with another filter.

Or you could use another parsing program to turn the file report into individual smaller reports.

BC4 is currently in beta, and has an option in the graphical interface -> Folder Compare session -> Folder Compare Report to "link to individual file reports". This might work well for you, but is not currently supported in scripting. I'll open a tracker entry to see if we can get this in there.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron. This will be of real help if you can make the below feature available in scripting BC4

"link to individual file reports"

Comment

Working...
      X