alignment not quite right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alignment not quite right?

Hi, I'm a bit confused by how the alignment in the following example makes any sense.. Also I can't seem to force it to automatically align (imo) correctly...

So given the following left and right text, the right is aligning with line 3 of the left...

LEFT:
    Code:
      <classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.4/commons-lang-2.4.jar" sourcepath="M2_REPO/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.4/commons-lang-2.4-sources.jar">
        <attributes>
          <attribute value="jar:file:/home/luc/.m2/repository/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.4/commons-lang-2.4-javadoc.jar!/" name="javadoc_location"/>
        </attributes>
      </classpathentry>
    RIGHT:
    Code:
      <classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.4/commons-lang-2.4.jar"/>
    Obviously the text on the right is most closely identical to line 1 of the text on the left... definitely not line 3... It ligns up this way regardless of File Format (including Default and XML).

I've even tried setting a custom file format with setting a Line Weight of 5 on a regular expression of "^.*<classpathentry.*$", but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

(Using BC3 v3.3.8 (build 16340) for linux)

Thanks!
    Luc

Hello,

If you disable Closeness Matching in the Alignment tab, does this help? Given just this sample text, that helps push the alignment as you expect.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X