• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryoung
    New User
    • Apr 2012

I am so stumped! Help

I am trying to write a script to

I would like to load and compare the Text files contained in the following Directory. How do I get Beyond Compare to do this?
    I think I can use a file timestamp cutoff of < 2 days but I cant get past the date variables to access the files. I'd like a data report with just the text file diffs.
    Can anyone help me?

Folder structure:

Results
    - QA
    - ALL
    - CERT_0102_2012 (date variable)
    -Sidex.01_02_12_15_45_05 (date and time variable)
    -response (contains *.txt files I need)

Results
    - QA
    - ALL
    - CERT_0103_2012 (date variable)
    -Sidex.01_03_12_12_21_05 (date and time variable)
    -response (contains *.txt files I want to compare to the previous day)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Are there only those 4 specific files each time, or are there more in the directories? The issue is that for a Folder Compare session to align files side by side, they need to have the same file name or use an Alignment Override. The Alignment Override would need the date explicitly defined, however, and would not work for constantly shifting dates on both sides.

If this is possible, you can define the alignment override (Pro only feature) as:
    *__0102_2012 = *_0103_2012
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro

If there are only 5 files, the easiest solution may be to generate 5 text-reports on each of the file pairs. The file paths can be passed as parameters to the text-report script command:
    In BCreport.txt
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"c:\bcreport.txt" "c:\file1.txt" "c:\file2.txt"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...