• Unexpected argument(s) "ignore-unimpotant fetal error

i have script to compare two folders , it works well with beyond compare 4
    Code:
    criteria attrib:sh rules-based ignore-unimportant
    load "%1" "%2"
    filter "%4"
    expand all
    select all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side   output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color
    later , when running the same script on another machine witch has beyond compare 3 , it fails reporting that
    "11/14/2018 11:44:53 AM Fatal Scripting Error: Unexpected argument(s) "ignore-unimportant""
    so what is wrong with beyond compare 3 ?

The criteria command "ignore-unimportant" was added in Beyond Compare 4. It isn't supported in Beyond Compare 3.

If you change the command to "criteria attrib:sh rules-based" then it should work with version 3.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

i removed it , and it works now , but the main problem is that i need the same behavior like ignore-unimportant do , what to add to script ?
      as when remove it from script all unimportant differences will be regarded

Comment

Hello,

You will need to launch the graphical interface, launch a new blank Folder Compare, and then toggle on Ignore Unimportant differences, then close the graphical interface. This option should then be sticky and used for the script (assuming the script is run as the same Windows User; a Portable Install can help workaround this if a different user runs the script). In the script itself, add a new, first line as:
        load <default>
        criteria rules-based timestamp:2sec
        load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
        expand all
        folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\reports\report.html" output-options:html-color

The initial load default will pull in the ignore-unimportant settings, then the following lines would run.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X