X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midge
    started a topic MDB compare gives "Characters per line limit exceeded"

MDB compare gives "Characters per line limit exceeded"

I am comparing two Access (.MDB) files. I can compare them fine using the normal BC user interface, but I need to be able to compare MDB files with a script. My script is as follows:
    LOG verbose
    COMPARE rules-based
    DATA-REPORT layout:summary title:"My test" output-to"My output" "%1" "%2"
    which I then call from a batch file specifying the script and the two files as command line parameters, as per the instructions.

However when I run it I get:
    A fatal error has occurred
    Unable to create report: Characters Per Line Limit Exceeded
    The script will now exit.

I have tried increasing the Characters Per Line Limit for the MDB file format all the way up to 65536 but it makes no difference.
    I am using V3.3.8 (Build 16340).

Any help appreciated.

• Gochipathala
    replied
    Thank you very much ....

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

BC4's Table Compare does not support scanning a single document and determining differences between rows. You would have to compare two documents, each containing the row you want to compare (such as row1 vs row1, or sort with a Key column). The row pair must align left to right, and then the values in the row are compared.

Leave a comment:

• Gochipathala
    replied
    Hello Aaron,

I have a note pad (Text pad) contains multiple row of similar information separated with deliminator (|), i want to find with in the document compare the multiple similar rows and find the difference in the rows, please provide any logic/settings.

|Scooter Software, Inc | 625 N Segoe Rd| Suite 104 | Madison | WI 53705 | USA | Tel: +1 608-233-0240 | Fax: +1 608-233-0246|
    |Scooter Software, llc | 624 N Segoe Rd| Suite 104 | Madison | WI 53708 | UAE | Tel: +1 608-133-0240 | Fax: +1 108-233-0246|
    |Scooter Software, Inc | 625 N Segae Rd| Suite 106 | Madison | WI 53705 | USA | Tel: +1 608-233-1240 | Fax: +1 608-233-0346|
    |Scooter Software, pvt | 625 N Segoe Rd| Suite 104 | Madison | WI 53705 | USA | Tel: +1 608-233-0240 | Fax: +1 608-233-0246|

Thanks
    Gochipathala

Leave a comment:

• Gochipathala
    replied
    Hello Aaron,

Thank you very much it was working fine.

Thanks,
    Gochipathala

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Individual cells are supported larger than 4096. Please update to the latest BC3 (3.3.13) for any fixes that may be included. All 3.x updates are free for 3.x users: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl3_en

If you are still having trouble, please email us at support@scootersoftware.com with:
    - a link back to this forum thread
    - two sample files
    - your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export.

Leave a comment:

• Gochipathala
    replied
    Hello Aaron,

I am using Beyond Compare 3.2.2.13000 and using text file with delimiters shown below like

Name | Age I LifeStory |

In the LifeStory the content is more than 4096 characters it throwing said error. Kindly please suggest on this.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

If you load your files in the graphical interface, how are they formatting? Are delimiters and line endings correctly parsing into rows and columns?

What file types are you working with, and which version of Beyond Compare?

Leave a comment:

• Gochipathala
    replied
    Hello Aaron,

I am facing same error but i want report in DATA-REPORT format only, Please help on this.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

The data-report is specific for the Data Compare session type in the interface, like the Picture Compare, MP3 Compare, etc. If your format is currently configured and running in the Text Compare, then you would want to use the text-report to match that session.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    Hi Aaron, thanks for getting back to me.
    I followed your instructions. However I did notice that when I compared the files using the BC GUI there was in fact no Session menu -> Data Compare Report, only Session menu -> Text Compare Report, which nevertheless produced the expected reports.
    When I ran 3.3.13 using my script I got exactly the same result as with 3.3.8, however the experience with the GUI gave me the clue . . . I changed my script to use TEXT-REPORT instead of DATA-REPORT and that worked fine.
    I have no idea why TEXT-REPORT works and DATA-REPORT doesn't, or why there is no Data Compare Report in the menu. I would be interested in the answer, but for now I have a script that works.
    Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for posting. The first thing I would suggest is updating to the latest BC3.3.13 (all 3.x updates are free for 3.x users). Re-verify it works in the graphical interface, loading a Data Compare session, then generate the report using the Session menu -> Data Compare Report, layout type Summary.

Then, call your script from the Windows Command Line (cmd.exe) using bcompare.exe "@c:\bcscript.txt"

My first hunch is if the same Windows User account is used for the graphical interface as scripting. If not, it would not have the additional MDB format installed, so it would open it as binary information in the data-report and would hit this error.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X