X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisjj
    started a topic Data Compare: setting multiple columns Unimportant

Data Compare: setting multiple columns Unimportant

I have many columns that I want to set Unimportant. How should I do this? Currently I find no way except setting each individually.

Thanks.

• jramjee
    replied
    Not sure if this is the same thing as what you require but I've been setting my unimportant columns by performing the following steps:

1) Click the Rules button (ie. the referee)
    2) Select the relevant column
    3) Click the Edit button (F2)
    4) Unselect "Use default" (this will make the "unimportant" tickbox available.)
    5) Tick "unimportant".
    6) Click OK.

Repeat Steps 1-6 for all the other columns.

I know this isn't exactly setting them in bulk but it is a useful compromise in the sense that the comparison output won't need to refresh every single time after specifying an unimportant column.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback. We do not currently support editing multiple columns at once, but it is something we would like to tackle. In the meantime, you can use the Remove command in the Session Settings dialog as a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• Akharns
    replied
    I agree with the request. I have over 100 fields in my file, and I need to do more than one type of comparison (i.e set up separate sessions, I think). Changing columns to/from "unimportant" one at a time will be tedious.

Leave a comment:

• Routers
    replied
    You can do this after all. In Session Settings, you can select multiple columns, right-click and "Remove". Not exactly the same as setting as unimportant but it's similar.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks, Routers. This isn't a feature we've been able to implement yet, but is still on our radar.

Leave a comment:

• Routers
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisjj View Post
    Frustrated by the fact that each time, BC scrolls back to the first column.
    Me too. I found this to be slightly quicker:

Session \ Session Settings \ Columns. Then for each column: edit, unset default, mark as unimportant.

However still no multiple column edit option, other than to set all columns unimportant by default.

Leave a comment:

• chrisjj
    replied
    Thanks Aaron.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Certainly.

Leave a comment:

• chrisjj
    replied
    Sorry to be unclear. That's what I am doing already. Frustrated by the fact that each time, BC scrolls back to the first column.

Please pass on my suggestion that the lack of multi-column setting be remedied.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Correct. Right click each column individually, then select Unimportant.

Leave a comment:

• chrisjj
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    Currently I find no way except setting each individually.
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    My recommendation would be to use the main interface window, right click the column header, and set it to unimportant.
    Set each column individually, you mean?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

We do not currently support a mass edit of columns. My recommendation would be to use the main interface window, right click the column header, and set it to unimportant. This might be easier for you than using the Session Settings, Columns dialog and editing each column here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X