Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is mp3, flac, etc header (id3) ignore / unimportant difference possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is mp3, flac, etc header (id3) ignore / unimportant difference possible?

Hi, I would like to compare mp3s, flacs and other formats audio files using ID3 tags to see if they have identical audio but ignore the header information, i.e. set it to all to be an unimportant difference, is this possible?

Hello,

If you are using the latest version of BC3 (3.2.4), you can go to the Home screen, expand the green Edit session defaults folder, then select the default MP3 Session, and in the Importance tab click the Unmark All button, then at the bottom of the list, re-mark "Data".

In your folder compare session, use a Rules-based content comparison, as detailed here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ferentthensame

That should compare, while ignoring the Tag information. You may need to enable the toggle to "Ignore Unimportant Differences" in your Folder Compare session to treat them as equal.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a try. Would it also work for other audio file types that support ID3, such as FLAC?

Comment

We do not support FLAC at this time. Were there other audio formats that support ID3 were you interested in?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X