• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beks
    Visitor
    • Oct 2010

Data compare specifying key column(s) programmatically

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way that I can load a data compare view comparing 2 delimited files with key column(s) specified at start up.

Thanks,

Beks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have a method of assigning key columns from the command line. You can set the Data Compare defaults from the Home screen, and those would be applied. Alternatively, you can setup a solution in scripting if your final output can also be done in scripting (report generation, copying the file, etc). What would you like to do with the file after it is open?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• beks
      Visitor
      • Oct 2010

The objective is just to view the differences. No reporting, copying or syncing is required.

Even though I know the file type, there's no way of knowing in advance of what columns are going to be contained in the files. This is why I would have like to be able to specify the key columns from a script or such.

Unrelated I know but not had much success in my searches: Is there a way to import settings (specifically file formats) using a script or anything else from the command line?

Thanks,

Beks

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Sorry, it isn't possible to import settings from the command line. This is also on our wish list for a future release.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• beks
          Visitor
          • Oct 2010

Ok, thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...