Folder sync - not handling renames/deletions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder sync - not handling renames/deletions

I'm currently evaluating Beyond Compare as it looks like the Folder Sync feature could do a similar job to (and perhaps better than) SyncToy.

I have a problem with renames and deletions of files. If I delete a file from e.g. the 'Left' folder, it is re-instated from the 'Right' folder when I sync. I would expect the file in the 'Right' folder to be deleted.

If I rename a file, again the original file is re-instated from the other folder - and then the renamed file is copied back, so I now have two copies of the file in each folder, one with the new name, one with the old.

Am I missing a setting, or are deletion and renaming not taken into account?

Renames and deletes aren't handled right now. They're both issues that we hope to address in the future.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

same issue

Hi, has this issue been resolved? I am using 3.2.3 build 13046.
      Doing a left to right mirror, if I delete on the left; the folder gets re-created from the right instead of deleting on the right.

Comment

Hello,

Sync Mirror should propagate deletes from the source to the target. If you delete a folder on the left, then sync from left to right, the item on the right will then be deleted.

If you use the Folder Sync Session type, what does the preview show will happen before the sync is executed?

Also, all BC 3.x updates are free for 3.x users. You can download the latest (BC 3.3.5) here:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X