Problems with shared libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with shared libraries

I have downloaded beyond compare version 3.3.10 and I am having issues with shared libraries. The following 6 libraries are the issue:
    libXrender.so.1 => not found
    libXrandr.so.2 => not found
    libXcursor.so.1 => not found
    libXft.so.2 => not found
    libfreetype.so.6 => not found
    libfontconfig.so.1 => not found
    Is there a install that I can look for that will resolve the libraries?

Hello,

Which Linux os, version, and 32bit vs 64bit are you running? In general, our Installer packages should grab the necessary dependencies. Do you need to perform an apt-get update (or equivalent) to get all outstanding updates?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Problems with shared libraries

I have downloaded Beyond Compare 3.3.10 and am having issues running the app receiving a message on shared libraries not found. The list of libraries are as follows:
      libXrender.so.1, LibXrandr.so.2, libXcursor.so.1, libXft.so.1, libfreetype.so.6 and libfontconfig.so.1
      Is there a solution for the reference to these libraries to be resolved?

Comment

Hello,

I believe you asked a similar question here, and I posted follow-up inquiries:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ad.php?t=13201
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yes I didn't realize the post I entered yesterday was listed until I sent the new post today.
          The machine I have Beyond Compare loaded on is from Concurrent Computer Corp. and they run their own flavor of Linux called RedHawk, release 6.3.9 which is built using Centos, release 6.3 & the machine is 64 bit

Comment

Did you install using the .rpm installer? If so, it should handle dependencies.

Double clicking on the .rpm should launch the system package manager and handle dependencies.

If you prefer to install in a terminal, you can do so with the following command:
            yum localinstall bcompare-3.3.10.17762.i386.rpm
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X