X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianlaw
    New User
    • Apr 2013

SFTP use different keys per profiles

Is Beyond Compare supports different profiles using different SFTP private key?

Currently I see the private key is shared all profiles which impractical for some cases.

Please consider it as a feature request if currently does not support. Thank you.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC3 currently only supports one private key (global setting) in the FTP Profiles dialog. We do support working with Pageant (Putty), which can have multiple keys defined.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bbeardsley
      Visitor
      • Jul 2012

Putty Pageant

I can't seem to get BC3 to use Putty Pageant. I'm on version BC 3.3.8 and Putty 0.63. My keys work fine in FileZilla and Putty itself. What am I missing with BC?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

What type of error are you seeing? For your FTP Profile, do you have any information loaded in your Password, or in the global SSH Key settings? I would recommend deleting any information already here, then restart BC3.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bbeardsley
          Visitor
          • Jul 2012

No errors - just always prompting for password. I have nothing set in the global SSH settings and no password specified. I did specify my username in the sftp url - anonymous is not checked and neither is save password. I just noticed in the log at the bottom that says Username: xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx is not the same as what I have specified in the url. Shouldn't it be using the one from the url?

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

The Password prompt will appear (as it's prompted before pageant is used). If you click Ok with a blank password, does it go forward? If so, you can 'Save Password' next time to bypass this prompt.

Is the username defined in the ftp profile (Tools menu -> FTP Profiles) the same as that used in Pageant?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bbeardsley
              Visitor
              • Jul 2012

Specifying (and saving) a blank password works. I didn't think to try that! Yes the username is the same. Thanks.

Comment

Working...