Beyond Compare stops working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Compare stops working

Over the last few days I have had a few instances when running a mirror-task on a large number of files that BC stops working, somewhere half way.

I need to kill the job.

=

=

I want to kill the process,

=

=
    but no go. This is really exceptional, first time I cannot get rid of a process . . .

v3.3.4

and tfore unable to update to 3.3.5

=

=

later: installed 3.3.5
    tried to sync the same folders, same problem, maybe BC has a problem with 0 bytes files?
    again tried to kill the process as BC did not close.
    no go, even process explorer cud not kill it.

=
    Last edited by bcdewul; 02-Mar-2013, 08:38 AM.

Hello,

Would one of the two locations be a network or remote drive? Normally, you would still be able to kill BC3, but when accessing a drive over the network there are times when we are waiting for Windows to respond and cannot abort.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No, no remote or so.

However, later, I did discover that Explorer when deleting duplicates, after about 30-40 seconds of 'preparing' closed that 'preparing pop-up' and nothing happened.

A duplicate find tool, when deleting, after about a minute, nothing happened.
      I had to kill the application.

Then I disabled 'use recycle bin' when deleting in both apps and the mass deleting went fine.

So, one way or the other, it was too much for Windows Recyclebin to handle.

=

Comment

Ah, so another tool was also running and deleting files at the same time and BC3 was deleting files? It's certainly possible that would be too much for the Recycle Bin, especially if there was any overlap in the files being scanned and deleted. I would recommend running one of these programs at a time, especially if they are working on the same set of files.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No, not at the same time, after BC3, I tried the dup file tool first, then an explorer replacement.

In the end I discovered it had something to do with the recycle bin.

=

Comment

Working...
          X