Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File emptied

Hi!

I am experiencing a problem while using Beyond Compare. I compared 2 Excel Sheets, after doing changes and saving, the saved file has been completely emptied.

Can someone help me.

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

None of our default Excel formats allow editing. Are you comparing .xls/.xlsx Excel files? These file formats can be opened and compared using BC3, but we disable editing. This is because we use an install of Excel itself to open the files in BC3 using a script, but Excel does not support converting the files back into an .xls format.

This is an option, however, and it is possible it was disabled. If you go to the Tools menu -> File Formats, do you have multiple "MS Excel" formats installed? In the Conversion tab, do any have "Editing Disabled" disabled? This should be turned on, and if the "Factory Defaults" button is there and enabled, please click it to restore defaults.

Uninstalling/Reinstalling BC3 does not revert it to default settings, since they are stored in the %AppData% folder as XML files.

If you are still having any trouble at all, please email us at support@scootersoftware.com with:
    -A link to this forum thread
    -Your BCSupport.zip
    -A full screen screenshot showing the current problem and/or a pair of example files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X