Feature request: remember previous sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: remember previous sessions

Is there any way to have a "open last sessions" after a crash?

I'm using BC between a couple of remote servers and occasionally BC crashes ... I've previously reported these sorts of crashes and I understand it's a Windows problem, rather than something in BC

But what would be great was BC offering to reopen the various sessions when I restart it after the crash, c.f. Chrome or Internet Explorer do

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I'll add this idea to our Customer Wishlist. If you are currently working on something that you feel might crash, I would recommend performing a quick Save Session As command to a "Temp" folder. This way you would not need to rely on the Auto-Saved Sessions list, which might not have auto-saved yet.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Appreciate the suggestion ... I've done some poking around, and I think I was actually referring to automatic save of the "Workspace" rather than individual sessions

I see I can use the Workspace option to save the multiple sessions and then re-open them, but the feature of saving just before the crash, and then offering to reload the "temp" workspace is the one I was thinking of
      Last edited by steveculshaw; 25-Feb-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Indeed. We do something similar when applying an update using the Help menu -> Check for Updates, but we'll need to add some enhancements to make it into a full fledged crash recovery. Thanks for the additional input.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

One other question: does the crash dialog allow you to Continue? If so, you could quickly save a Workspace, then restart. While continuing after a crash is not recommended, it might be ok (depending on the crash), to save a temp workspace, then restart and load that workspace.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Can't remember if it does ... next time it happens, I'll give it a go

Comment

Working...
            X