****hi-rez jpegs
    ****lo-rez jpegs

How to sync with

Projects
    **project1
    ****jpegs
    ******hi-rez
    ******lo-rez

i.e. same basic structure 'cept for the extra subfolder.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    Last edited by areohbee; 19-Dec-2012, 09:22 AM. Reason: formatting (indentation) was lost due to html handling of spaces
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Do you have jpegs/ files in the other 4 folders on the other side? The Folder Structure is important to the comparison in 3 of the 4 Folder View modes. Files must be in the same folder structure and have the same file name to be aligned for comparison.

In the 4th view mode in the View menu, we can Ignore Folder Structure (aka Flatten Folders), which aligns all files in all subfolders by file name only. This requires that all files in all subfolders have unique names, otherwise the file name alignment may not work as expected, since the alignment must occur before comparison.

If you are still having trouble, perhaps a full screen screenshot showing your comparison, the folders expanded, and the files you are hoping to sync, might help?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• areohbee
      Visitor
      • Dec 2012

Hi Aaron,

Sorry - the formatting was lost. But I think you got my point (I'm impressed!).

Answer (if I understood you): unless folders are being ignored completely, folders must match exactly.

Is there a way around this by scripting?

If so, where is the scripting documentation?

Thanks,
      Rob

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

There is no workaround via scripting. Script actions mirror actions you can take in the graphical interface. If there is a difference in folder name, you could use the BC3 Pro feature Alignment Overrides to force the two folders (at the same level) to align. A script could then load this saved session.

As an overall strategy, it is best to work out a workflow in the graphical interface, then once you have it working there create the script to perform the same series of actions.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• areohbee
          Visitor
          • Dec 2012

Hi Aaron,

It seems the alignment works if folders are at same level. In my case, there is an extra subdirectory (jpegs). Is there a way to tackle that using pattern matching or something?

(It doesn't sound like the scripting will help for this - thanks).

Rob

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Unfortunately, no. The level of the subfolder is required to match for alignment overrides to work. In this case, you could set the base folder to have equal relative folders underneath:
            Project1 on the left
            jpegs on the right

Then, with equal levels of subfolders, use the Alignment Override to align the names.

Alternatively, you could do this in two sessions without the override by setting
            hi-rez jpegs on the left
            hi-rez on the right

Then repeating for lo-rez.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• areohbee
              Visitor
              • Dec 2012

Gotcha Aaron, - thanks much.

btw, I think your software is great and recommend it frequently.

Rob

Comment

Working...