Opening Session in a NEW Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Session in a NEW Tab

When I hit the SESSIONS button and select a session, the current tab is replaced with that session. How does one change the behavior so that whenever you click a session, it automatically opens a new tab?

I can go CTRL-T then select a session but that is a two step process. I checked the options and it says "Open Sessions in (X) A new tab" and "Open Child Sessions in (X) A new tab". So I have to wonder what the problem is - should not the sessions load in a new tab with these options set?

Thanks
    belly

BC3 3.3.5 (build 15075)

Hello,

The toolbar button is actually the only method of replacing the current tab with a different session type.

To launch a new tab or window of a different session type, you can use the Session menu -> New Session -> Specific Session. Or alternatively the Home screen is designed for a quick two step process of New Tab -> Button to Launch a New or Saved Session.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I see - well it would be nice if there could be a quick - "open another session in a new tab" without the two steps -- such as, click the session button (toolbar) then under auto-saved - RIGHT-CLICK to open the session in a new tab v. LEFT-CLICK to replace the current session (default behavior).

A thought.

Thanks Aaron
      belly

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll consider your feedback.

My personal approach in the current version is Ctrl+T, then click one of the new session buttons. Or if I drag and drop files into the black/grey area of the Home screen, it will auto-launch the correct session type if there is a defined file format (Ctrl+T, plus drag/drop of file or files).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X