• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• functionality request

When in text-compare view, I can set a hotkey, switch from left panel
    to right panel,

But in directory-compare view, I can't find coresponding hotkey setting,
    It just have a useless `Swap side`, the occur is still in original position,

Why not add a coresponding function like a text-compare ??

BTW: `Swap side` the only result is let me confusion !!
    I know how to let what I want in left or right panel.
    I have use BC3 some years, But I never use this function.
    Last edited by zw963; 20-Sep-2012, 04:29 AM.

Hello,

You can use the left and right arrow to switch between the left and right panels in the Folder Compare (or Text Compare with Full Edit disabled). Shift+Arrow Keys allows selection of the left, right, or both sides.

Swap Sides is a command in both the Folder Compare, Text Compare, and our other session types. Some commands or settings are side specific, so some customers enjoy using Swap Sides to help. If you do not need it, you can remove the command from the toolbar using the Customize Commands dialog.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks!

I hope, BC3 ought to offer some function , let me define my customize
      keybinding to switch between the left and right panel in Folder View.

After all, Text compare panel can offer this function, Why Folder compare
      can not offer it ??

I define this function hotkey in Text Compare view (Go next and Go prev)
      I like it, But in Folder View, Why I must use a difference hotkey?
      I hope the two view have the same keybinding behavor. Thanks.

Another Alike Problem:

in Folder View: BC3 offer a Associated Application, It good, I can use
      my favorite Editor to Edit the current files, Why text compare view
      offer this function too ?
      Last edited by zw963; 29-Sep-2012, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Hello,

In the Text Compare, if Full Edit is disabled, the arrow keys function the same way. The Next and Previous commands are a bit different, but it is on our wishlist to expand the customization of our hard-coded hotkeys.

For the Text Compare, you can create a custom Open With you can use to open in Associated Application:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...kb_openwithapp
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

1. Thanks, I hope BC3 can support customization left and right hotkey , and some editor keybindng, e.g. next-char, previous-char, next-word, previous-word, etc..

2. It worked, Only.. When Folder view, Action Menu , Open with menu, Two same hotkey and Menu title...

Comment

For 2, you can set a hotkey combination so you do not need to navigate the full menu. You can also give it a custom name if you do not want to accidentally confuse it with the command in the Folder Compare, or you can Customize Commands and disable the default Folder Compare command.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, Customize Commands is so useful, But I ignore it before now, It is awesome, Thanks.

Comment

Hi, When I create a Customize Commands with Folder Compare View, I use following argment:

Description: Open with Emacs
                Short Cut : Alt - E
                Command: e1 %f (e1 is my editor)
                Work Directory: <base folder>

Accepts Folders: selected
                Refresh When finished: selected

The problem is : When I selected Refresh When finished, in folder view
                I edit a files current selected, when I edit finished , it can not autorefresh
                this files status.

Comment

Hello,

The command line would have to claim/wait until close for the Fast Refresh to occur after any editing/saving. If you check the log, does the Fast Refresh occur as soon as the Open With is used (but before actually editing and saving the file)?
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    Hello,

The command line would have to claim/wait until close for the Fast Refresh to occur after any editing/saving. If you check the log, does the Fast Refresh occur as soon as the Open With is used (but before actually editing and saving the file)?
                    yes, When I reinvoke Open with command, I can see the Fast Refresh , But I think
                    it ought to when I use Editor edit those file, and change some content, exit Editor,
                    This time, it ought to auto refresh. (Instead of reinvoke Open with command or F5 )

Comment

Unfortunately, given the current command, we do not know when the save or close of the editor occurs. If you wrap the editor call within a script, then the script should 'contain' the editor and not return on until the editor is closed. Then, once the script returns we would perform the refresh.
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                        Unfortunately, given the current command, we do not know when the save or close of the editor occurs. If you wrap the editor call within a script, then the script should 'contain' the editor and not return on until the editor is closed. Then, once the script returns we would perform the refresh.
                        Thanks. I have replace my script with original command directly, it worked now.

Comment

Working...
                        X