Custom Sync request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Sync request

there are abilities to compare multiple folders and sync 1-to-1. i'm asking for new type of session - Custom Sync. it will allow to make custom list of items from different locations, for syncing them with corresponding items elsewhere.

for example: i have documents A, B, C in different locations, but each day if those being changed, i need to copy/mirror them to one place on external drive =currently i know noway to do this with BC, though i think it perfectly fits this task.

Hello,

Are these locations under a single driver letter or common location? You could use a combination of File Name filters to show only certain items, then sync those items only. To auto-populate the filter with the correct name, you can select any item, right click, then select Exclude in the Folder Compare. This will initially hide that item from view. Repeat for all items that you want to sync. Then go to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters. Cut and paste the list of filters from the Exclude Files section into the Include Files section. All 'excluded' items will then become the only visible items.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

too conplicated. items may be on different drives. but even if they'd be on similar, exclude everything except few files\folders is a real work. that's why i proposed a simple way with a drag'n'drop filling custom sync list.
      it's just a proposition, not a demand, anyways.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. The File Name filters can include or exclude. It is not a drag and drop interface, but you can type the file names or paths into the Session Settings.

The Exclude tip is because BC3 supports a right-click -> Exclude command, but not a right-click Include command. If you Exclude the items you want, you can turn that into an Include sync list.

Did you get a chance to give this a shot? Were you having trouble finding the Filters dialog or Exclude command? Improving this behavior is on our wishlist, but with an extra step (Exclude list to Include list) you can get this functionality in the current version of BC3.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X