can not save files on SFTP Net Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not save files on SFTP Net Drive

There is a Z drive mapped by SFTP Net Drive from linux os. I use beyondcompare to do file comparasion, one file is from this mapped drive. Unforturnately, beyondcompare can not save the changes to this file.

Hello,

Which SFTP Net Drive would you be using? I see a couple products with the same name, and a few more with similar names.

Programs usually fall into two main camps for saving edits to a file. Some save directly to the file and if interrupted can corrupt the file. Others will save a copy of the file, then overwrite the original only if the copy is fully created. BC4 is the later, which your SFTP Net Drive might be having trouble with. Are there any updates available for it? If you browse using the Folder Compare first, then double click into a file, edit/save, then look back in the parent Folder Compare, are there any error messages in the log? Or when you attempt to Save in the Text Compare?

Also, are you able to edit the file using any other text editor?

We can try to troubleshoot this, but BC4 Pro also has native SFTP support. If you have Pro, you can connect directly to the SFTP (which, would be a useful test, to see if the drive or the server is causing the issue) using the Tools menu -> Profiles, and create the New + (S)FTP Profile.
    If registered for Std, you can revert to trial mode to test without purchase: https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp...?zz=kb_evalpro
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I am using the SFTP drive you can download here: https://www.nsoftware.com/sftp/drive/download.aspx (SFTP Drive V2 Personal Edition)

I can use notepad++ to edit and save file, but can not use beyondcompare to save file to the mapped drive if I make changes.

Thanks.
      Last edited by coolsnake; 05-Feb-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I've reproduced the behavior and also reached out to NSoftware to see if they have any feedback as well.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

And, after following up with them, they were unable to reproduce the behavior, and then resuming my test machine (with everything pre-configured) also failed to reproduce the behavior. How often does this occur for you when attempting to save? Does the issue persist after rebooting the client machine (or the server if that is an option)?

Which host OS are you using to run Beyond Compare, and which version? Is the machine physical or a VM? And what server are you connecting to?

Also, can you enable a log file from SFTP Drive? This can be done in SFTP Drive's Settings tab, Logging Options section. Enable Write log to a file and give it a path. You can then email the log to us at support@scootersoftware.com (along with a link to this forum thread, for our reference).
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sent out.

Attached log file as well.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I've emailed back as well. Do you remember the file name you attempted to edit/save and caused an error?
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

srs_app_rtph264.bak.cpp

Comment

can you duplicate the issue now?

Comment

Working...
                  X