X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian.Mahocker
    Visitor
    • Mar 2010

A few ideas/tweaks/options

Currently, the Time Remaining of a file operation is listed either in seconds, or minutes if greater than a minute. I often do very long running copies, and having to try and figure out what "2541 Minutes" means in a 'unsable' format involves opening calculator constantly.

What are the chances an option could be created to allow for something like "5 hours, 21 minutes, 9 seconds", or "05:21:09" or something that does the best of both worlds?

Secondly, the progress bar on a copy is based on the amount of data to be copied, not the number of files, or both. So if I'm copying 40,000 files, all of which are small, and that includes one very large file, the progress bar isn't as 'useful' as it could be. it will move slowly, then hit the large file, and jump a whole bunch. perhaps an option to base it on the number of files, amount of data, or some formula that does both?

Related to that, a speed measurement during a copy would be nice as a bit of an estimation. I could do it myself based on the estimated time remaining and amount of data being copied, but that's not going to be anywhere accurate. A "xxx K/sec" or something on the copy status row at the bottom would be helpful.

Thirdly, A column in the folder compare that shows the number of files in the folder (and/or subfolders) would be nice to see. Kind of 'just because'.

Please let me know if these options already exist (and I've blindly missed them), if additional clarification is needed, or if they sound like good or bad ideas.

Thanks

-b

(On a side note, I've spent the last two weeks using BC3 all day long to compare/migrate about 20,000,000 files and 6tb of data between a rebuilt failed server and its hot spare. It's been a lifesaver. Robocopy is nice and all, but BC3 fills a lot of its gaps)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for writing in. These options do not currently exist, but a few have been discussed before and are on our Customer Wishlist. Our wishlist is not currently scheduled development, but a place our developers go for ideas for future features and enhancements. I'll be sure to add this feedback to our notes on these subjects.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...