Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Add CRC computation to the Right-Click Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I Add CRC computation to the Right-Click Menu?

I recently had to change out my pc for my work, and note that my right-click menu has BC select file for compare, but now lacks the compute CRC capability. It used to have a separate selection for just computing/displaying a file's CRC. Can that be added back on?

Beyond Compare has never provided a command to compute CRC from the Windows Explorer right click context menu.

In the Folder Compare, select View > Columns > CRC to display CRC values.

To select viewer types (Text Compare, Hex Compare, Picture Compare, etc) from the context menu, open Tools > Options. Go to the Startup section. Under Explorer Integration, change Compare Using from None to Main Menu or Submenu.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Chris, that helps a lot, and it does work for me. My group at my company did have a right-click capability added to directly view a file's CRC, I'll try and found out how it was done. My understanding was it used Beyond Compare, but maybe I got that wrong.

Comment

We use these files as part of an embedded software loading solution, so the CRC checking is critical to its success.

Comment

Beyond Compare does support comparing CRC values in the Folder Compare in addition to displaying them. To turn on CRC comparison in the Folder Compare, click the Rules toolbar button (referee icon). In the Comparison tab, check Compare Contents, then select CRC as the comparison type.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X