Note, task, mark in some kind of memory list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note, task, mark in some kind of memory list

Having had my files on a number of NAS systems over the years (the earlier ones not so kind to my files as my Synologies) I regularly find corrupted files that I would like to mark so I can come back later and restore them from my backups.

Would you consider including a feature like that in future versions that would allow folders and files to be marked in any number of user defined categories?

We don't have this scale of tagging, but one workaround I would recommend is to right click and Exclude. This will remove the file from the current view and generate a file specific exclusion filter. After you've gone through and 'excluded' everything you want to mark, go to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters tab. Here you can then cut/paste the Exclusion list into the Inclusion list. Click Ok and the current view will now only be these files. You can then use the Session menu -> Save Session to save this as a session (like a bookmark) that shows these folders and only the marked files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

That's kind of a cool work around. I'll definitely use that for now until you figure out how to make it a new feature!

Comment

Working...
      X