Scripting Recursive Compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripting Recursive Compare

I have a storage array on my network with both hidden and visible folders. I batch-copied all files/folders to a backup storage array and want to compare them against the primary unit. The problem is hidden folders are not visible to a Windows computer. To browse hidden folders, I must know the folder path.

How can I use BC to compare hidden folders across both storage arrays without manually executing one-by-one? Is there a way to script a compare job to recursively load folders -- both visible and hidden? Otherwise, it will take me a couple weeks to manually verify the data.

Concept example

(1) folder1 \\192.168.1.99\test$ folder2 \\192.168.1.100\test$ compare=binary
    (2) folder1 \\192.168.1.99\public$ folder2 \\192.168.1.100\public$ compare=binary

etc.....

Thanks

Sorry, it isn't possible to run a single command that will compare all shares on a computer. The lowest level that you can load a comparison in Beyond Compare 3 is at the share level, so you'll have to manually specify a comparison of each share.

As an example, this is supported in Beyond Compare 3 scripting:

load \\192.168.1.99\test$ \\192.168.1.100\test$
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:c:\report.txt

This is not supported:
    load \\192.168.1.99 \\192.168.1.100
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:c:\report.txt

See the "Using Beyond Compare > Automating With Scripts" topic in Beyond Compare 3's help file for details on scripting.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X