How to export the BC 3 setting using the external scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to export the BC 3 setting using the external scripts

I am working on BC 3 for one of my project in which I need to load the Folder sessions and compare the files in the different folders.
    Into this case the machines on which BC3 tool will be installed are distributed globally and are many in numbers.
    I know that I can export settings of the BC3 tool from my machine into a *.bcpkg file and then import it on other machines.

However I want to do this exporting and importing of the *.bcpkg file through coding, lets say by calling an external file at command line.

Can anybody please suggest how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

We do not have a command line import and export, but you could use an automated process to move the BCSetting.xml files into the correct locations. In a normal install, this would be the user's %AppData%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3\ directory. You can navigate to this folder for an install of BC3 that is already setup, and copy these files to another user's appdata folder.

If it is a Portable install, the BCState.xml, BCFileFormats.xml, and other BCSetting.xml files and BC3Key.txt file reside in the same folder as BCompare.exe and the other main program files. This location needs to have read/write access for the users running it. Any user running the program from this location would share the same settings, which may or may not be wanted.

The BCPKG file is simply a renamed .zip file containing these BCsetting files but not the BC3Key.txt.

Does this help point you in a good direction for your deployment? Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron,
      That worked perfectly.
      Amazing Response time..
      I highly appreciate your time.

Comment

Working...
      X