X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emanuel26
    replied
    Originally posted by ratpac View Post
    Greetings, I was wondering if it was possible to use BC to calculate the percentage correct (i.e., the same) for each column of two diff'd files. Furthermore, if the column is unimportant, then this would be a don't-care and don't perform the math, and if the column is key or standard, then calculate the percentage different or the same. If BC doesn't support this via scripting or some other means, can you recommend a candidate solution - perhaps either using python or exporting report file to excel? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I wan't to second this too so because then it will be much more easier to calculate the percentage correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

No, BC3's Data Compare (and BC4's Table Compare) do not support this type of reporting. It is something on our wishlist to add percentage difference information for the Folder and Text Compare session types, and I'll add this use case to our tracker entry on the subject.

The Data Compare does have a numeric tolerance %, but that's for individual cells and determining if the aligned cells are considered Important different or Unimportant different, not a report of the percentage difference of each column.

Leave a comment:

• ratpac
    started a topic Calculating percentages using data compare

Calculating percentages using data compare

Greetings, I was wondering if it was possible to use BC to calculate the percentage correct (i.e., the same) for each column of two diff'd files. Furthermore, if the column is unimportant, then this would be a don't-care and don't perform the math, and if the column is key or standard, then calculate the percentage different or the same. If BC doesn't support this via scripting or some other means, can you recommend a candidate solution - perhaps either using python or exporting report file to excel? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X