Language syntax aware comparison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language syntax aware comparison?

I absolutely love Beyond Compare. But even with its basic language-specific keyword understanding, it's still just a line-by-line text comparator.

Are there any add-ons to let BeyondCompare truly understand language syntax (e.g. C#)?

I tried Structured Different Viewer by Model Maker Tools and it does have that capability, but the rest of its functionality lags way behind BeyondCompare.

There's nothing available right now. It's something we're looking into in the background, and planning to support at some point, but I'm not expecting to get to it anytime soon.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Prioritize!

If you were to build this, the entire (developer) world would give you mountains of money. I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by bsayatovic View Post
        If you were to build this, the entire (developer) world would give you mountains of money. I know I would.
        Agreed. I would easily pay $100 (in addition to the Pro license I've already bought) for a language semantics aware comparison plugin, provided PHP and JavaScript language support was included. Actually, I'd gladly pay $100 per language.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I feel very strongly about this. I've found Beyond Compare to be very useful and I've relied heavily on it's basic functionality for years in my daily workflow. But right now it kind of feels like I'm starting to outgrow it. Semantic compare would be incredibly useful, but even syntax aware compare would be a nice start. It's actually a bit annoying that BC can't ignore simple differences in code formatting.

Comment

Working...
        X