Compare list to folder contents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare list to folder contents

I have a list of text File names from a SQL table I want to compare to an online folder(s) (by file name only). Is there a way to set this up? I don't know how to 'put the list into a session'.

Thanks for reading my post.
    New to BC and not sure what thread this belongs in.

Hi arkybass,

BC doesn't support comparing a file to a directory listing. The easiest way to handle this would be to load your original file and the directory listing into a text comparison, after you've done some edits to make the formats match. BC's find and replace commands should help with that; the Sorted file format might help too.

If you really want to see it in the folder compare, the only way to do it would be to create a snapshot from the file listing. We don't have a way to do that, but one of our other customers did post some scripts to create and modify snapshots here. It does rely on the Ruby programming language though.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, Craig P
      To clarify, your saying make a text file (probably do a .csv) of the file names in the directory, and compare that to my list of file names. That will show me the diffs, left right and so forth?

Comment

Yes, exactly.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X