Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home screen expand/collapse all saved sessions

Hi

I'm evaluating Beyond Compare v3.3.3 (build 14128). I've spotted something that I *think* is a bug, and I can't find previous reference to it in the forums:

I'm on the main home screen. If I right-click on a closed folder in the saved sessions tree and choose "Expand All", the branch doesn't expand. "Collapse All" on an open folder/branch also appears to have no effect.

It's a fantastic piece of software, by the way. I'm actually excited every time I get to use it!

Hello,

Thanks for the report, but I'm not seeing the behavior you describe. Would it be possible to get a series of screenshots or a video?

You could use Jing to capture the series of steps you are performing:
    http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
    *Please note Jing is not a Scooter Software product and is not supported by Scooter Software.

You can post here or email us at support@scootersoftware.com. If you email us, please include a link back to this forum thread.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. I've uploaded a Jing video to Screencast here:

http://screencast.com/t/rdu5DQxKBEx

You should be able to see that I twice try to "Expand All" from the popup menu on a closed node. Then I open the node by clicking on the "+" and twice try to "Collapse All". Expand All and Collapse All do nothing.

I'm getting the same behaviour on two computers, both running XP Pro SP3.

Comment

Hi Narny,

It's not a bug, it's just unclear. The "Expand All" and "Collapse All" commands actually affect the entire treeview, not just the selected node, but they exclude the "Edit session defaults" and "Auto-saved sessions" nodes.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

I see. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X