Command Line Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Line Reference

Hi. I was trying to automate using the command line reference. i got it right. but i was not able to save the report compared. Kindly help me to save the report in HTML format output .Thanks

taskkill /F /IM BCompare.exe
    cd C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3
    BCompare.exe %1 %2 /silent /fv="Data Compare"

Kindly help me through as soon as possible.

Hello raman,

looking an the command line reference was a good starting point, but for generating reports in an automated way you should take a look at the Scripting Reference in the BC-Helpfile (F1) or in the online help ( http://www.scootersoftware.com/help/...reference.html ).

Using a script you will no longer need that taskkill command.
    The command you should use for a file-compare-report is named "FILE-REPORT".

Hope this helps ...

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Thanks, Christoph.

More specifically, file-report is the script command to generate the auto-detected report (data if files open in the data-compare, text if in the text-compare, etc.) If you would like to force a specific report type, you'll want to use the specific command, such as data-report.

The Help file also has a section "Using Beyond Compare" -> "Automating with Script" which you will probably find useful.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the Reply

I was not able to work on this for a while so i was not able to reply you guys. Thanks a lot guys i would try both of your replies and let you know. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Comment

Working...
        X