Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare more than 2 files

Hi,

I'm sure this question is old hat, but I had to ask. What I would like to do is compare property files from across a server farm, and report on differences. I would like to do this from the command line and produce a report, HTML would be good. If I could compare 4 text files even, that would be cool.

I have looked around the Software, but haven't figured out a way, so I think I know the answer.

Any other tips on how to do this if not with Beyond Compare would be great.

Thanks,

Bbonn

Hello,

You can use the command line and script to generate a report between 2 files.

bcompare.exe @"c:\Script.txt" "c:\file1" "c:\file2"

where Script.txt is:
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"c:\report.html" output-options:html-color %1 %2

BC3's Text Compare only supports comparing between two text files. We have a BC3 Pro Text Merge session that can Merge between 3 files to a 4th output pane, but this is not a report, but a merged 4th file. I do not think it is what you are looking for, but here is a screenshot:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/morei...shot=TextMerge

Our trial is fully featured and defaults to Pro mode if you would like to test it out. Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X