BC 3.3.0 beta and BC 3.2.X bug still exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC 3.3.0 beta and BC 3.2.X bug still exists

I reported an issue a few months ago where the program will close if you do the following:

-- Workspace with more than 2 sessions
    -- Hit F5 to refresh one of the sessions
    -- (Without waiting for the other refresh to finish) Hit F5 to refresh another tab.
    --While the second one is refreshing, the changed file you want shows up so you right click to copy it.

It either crashes when refreshing the second tab while the first tab is already refreshing. Or when you attempt to copy something from the 2nd tab that was refreshed.

Hope you understand...

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the report. Did you submit it via the forum or by email? If by email was it the same email address used to register for the forum?

I found a crash report from you from 2009, but that doesn't sound like the report you are referring to. If it was a different email address, please re-email us with a link to this forum post, and I'll be able to search/look it up.

Opening a workspace processing several Folder Compare sessions does not seem to be enough to trigger the crash (without crash dialog?) by copying files or triggering additional Full Refreshes. When you say "shows up", do you have specific filters setup that are hiding your files while they scan, but the scan then causes your files to appear due to detecting as content equal/different? What are your specific sessions loading (local, remote, ftp) and which comparison scans are they running?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

When you say "shows up", do you have specific filters setup that are hiding your files while they scan, but the scan then causes your files to appear due to detecting as content equal/different? Yes, the new files show up as changed and then I try to copy them.

What are your specific sessions loading (local, remote, ftp) and which comparison scans are they running? They are all network shares, but no FTP.

I only mentoned it in the forum, I didn't send an email manually or from the application. The 2009 crash report could be me.

Comment

Hello,

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior yet. Which type of content compare are you running, and if rules-based, what type of files are you performing the copy on? Are both tabs pointing at the same set of data or completely different folder locations/files?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X